Monday, January 26, 2009

new feature: prompt mondays!

hey, all--
i've decided to import a regular activity i enjoy from my writing workshop site: writing prompt mondays!

i post a weekly writing prompt--could be an image, a snippet of dialogue, a link to a video; whatever strikes my fiddly fancy--and if it crawls into your pocket, let me know. if you actually write something inspired by the prompt, definitely let me know! i'd love to read it.

so, to start off, today's fantabulous nugget of promptitude: http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=93344

follow the link and see what happens. this image had me thinking all sorts of thoughts: creepy and outside of time, and (to me) provocative.

2 comments:

  1. A little creepy, not sure if it will inspire me. Nothing off the top. I did follow a couple of links down at the bottom, and found this:
    http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=17019
    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, that photo is wonderful! eerie and disturbing but in an understated "something's not quite right here . . . " way. very cool. thanks! (i love that your reaction is 'ugh', and mine is 'oooh!' :D)

    ReplyDelete