Monday, July 27, 2009

the corn conspiracy

official monday prompt:

i've been perusing ted.com again. love that site. great for thinking about topics i wouldn't otherwise encounter. like, here's one that struck me:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/michael_pollan_gives_a_plant_s_eye_view.html

michael pollan ("The Omnivore's Dilemma", "The Botany of Desire") speaks about agriculture in a way that most people haven't considered: what if, instead of mankind manipulating the crops, the crops are manipulating mankind? silly, right? well, give michael a listen and see where you are.

great exercise in shifting perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of a story I planned out: The Mandragora God, who manipulates a botany student.... I thought of this around hmmmm Earth Day??? Also, if you can, please post on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete