Sunday, May 9, 2010

exciting news!

i received a letter from the school literary magazine regarding a banquet commemorating its 20th anniversary issue, due out this year. because one of my stories was accepted for inclusion in this issue, i've been invited along with the other writers & artists to read a selection at the banquet.

this is big, y'all. the largest group i've ever read aloud one of my stories for was a class of twelve. the expected audience at the banquet ranges around one hundred or so.

i'm nervous, but also incredibly excited at the prospect of live interaction, if even only for two minutes. not that i'm usually chained in the attic, unfit for the public eye, but i tend toward the hermit lifestyle. i hole up a lot. this will be a huge event for me. if i can finagle a digital recording from my husband, i'll see if i can figure out how to post the thing for anyone who'd like to see it.

this will be a great experience to have under my belt--my first print publication credit, and my first public reading of my work. outstanding. woop! wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, that's so exciting! Feeling nervous is natural, but remember, this is your moment to shine! Enjoy every minute of it :))

    Congrats and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, nicole! i'm determined to enjoy the whole experience. :) (that sounded grim. *rolls eyes*)

    ReplyDelete