Thursday, June 11, 2009

tonight i write about mutant bugs.

thank god my dry spell is over. my confidence wavered a bit over the last couple of months; different factors why, not important. what is news: i'm back! yay!
i'm writing short fiction again on a weekly basis, and i'm finally delving back into the first novel.

i attended a writers' conference a couple weekends ago--my first--and the experience was exhilarating and intimidating and overall life-changing. i wish i could say i exaggerate, but all weekend my outer shell (the one i use to keep everyone from knowing my every thought and mood) was gossamer thin. i was able to make it through without show-stopping outbursts, but barely. i felt more alive those two days than i have in a long, long time. i guess i could say i'm re-energized, re-dedicated.

i'm going to finish this novel, and it's going to be good. and i'll do my damnedest to sell the thing while i finish my second. but for tonight, i promised someone a flash story about mutant bugs. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment