Monday, March 16, 2009

monday promptiness.

so, i had an interesting conversation with a guy last week. yes, he was clinically delusional, but that doesn't discount the creative value of his observations.

he had been sitting inside his house, and noticed that the house had somehow 'grown' more windows than it had had before. he'd look through one window to look through another and then another, never actually seeing through to the outside world. he was puzzled, rightfully so, and decided he needed to investigate his house from the outside to solve the puzzle. he walked outside to examine the exterior, circled his house, and noted that, now, his house had developed more corners than it had had before. corners upon corners, until he had trouble finding the front door again.

imagining his experience got me feeling all mind-bendy, wondering how to develop a plot around this phenomenon. or a character. a sympathetic character with which readers would identify. fabulous.

i hope this scenario gets your brain apoppin', too. happy monday. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's me every Friday night.

    No, probably should laugh at the poor bloke's condition. That'd drive me crackers.

    I fear all that delusion, when I was a bit younger (like, three, four years or so ago)I used to knock back a lot of amphetamines: speed, coke and even ketamine. I'm really feeling the affects of it all lately. Paranoia, depression, vulnerability, I'm a bit worried that I'll spiral a bit in the future.

    I used to be a bit recklass, y'see. I wouldn't change any of it for the world though, I had some great times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i think about it, i think that fella's name might've been paul . . .

    ReplyDelete