Monday, August 3, 2009

prompting.

official monday prompt:

i love the word "cusp."

it's just a great word--and the meaning is cool in many different contexts. you've got the cusp of adulthood, the cusp of aquarius, bi-cuspid (okay, i cheated on that one.) but really, it's a cool word. and it feels good in the mouth.

what words do it for you? words that feel packed with power and potential, that feel like you could make some great metaphors from them? go play, and see what unexpected connections you make.

3 comments:

  1. Harbinger, angel, fire, spirit, doppelganger. Those words actually help me on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ubiquitous. At least, that's my girlfriend's. I can't think of any for myself off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! good ones, all. i'm enjoying mixing them, like "ubiquitous doppelganger"--that's a mouthful.

    ReplyDelete